[SCG] 1966 close to stock windshield

Larry Claypool vairshop at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 24 09:17:50 EDT 2008

My next thought questions where will I find a close to stock windshield for
my 66 turbo convertible when the time comes in my restoration stage process.
I would assume the original LOF stamping is no longer available, or is it?
And, since I do not have a body code of W (tinted windshield only) or E
(tinted glass all), I assume I can still go shaded to be stock.  Or, are all
windshield replacements now tinted and shaded only?    All comments are
welcome.

if you have niether W or E code on your body plate, than to be stock it
would need a clear windshield.
i am not aware of a corvair passenger car windshield shield ever being made
that was tinted but not shaded as well. (i have had an aftermarket fc
windshield like that though).
regards
lc