[SCG] ASCE - Annual Stock Corvair Event

eamsquared at comcast.net eamsquared at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 10:38:12 EDT 2009

All,

Bill Hubbell  thank you for the ASCE pictures.  They'r great!  I will be attending the 50th Anniversary Event in Cape May NJ.  Unfortunately I am not able to attend the National Convention, but I would like to contribute.  Bill Hubbell, you said that at the National ASCE you evaluate and document stock Corvairs.  How can I get a copy of the accumulated documentation that you obtain at these events.  For example my engine stamp is TO510RH.  I forgot where I obtained the information to decipher this but I believe the "RH" designates a 110 motor and it was manufactured on may 10th.  My Vehicle Invoice and Protect-O-Plate are dated 5/26/66.  Vent window and side glass is date coded M52.  The rear window is dated M51.  Do you have any window date coding information.  I looked at my NCRS 1972 Corvette Judging manual and it does not have any "M" codes for windows.  I thought they might be similar but they are not.

I agree with Russ Moorhouse and definitely believe that there is a need and place for Survivor cars in the Corvair hobby.  Russ it appears you have a great car.  Please don't stop bringing it to to shows.  Love your AM/FM radio and telescoping steering wheel.  I would appreciate any information you can give me on your window date codes.

Can we do anything at the NJ Cape May event to help document Stock Corvair data and cars?  I do not know how many original cars will be at this event but I think this is worth pursuing.

Cordially,
Erich Meyer, 110/PG Monza 2dr Coupe
CORSA Member #4732.