[SCG] Name

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 3 12:18:45 EDT 2011

That is why terminology is important. Every possible meaning must be considered, and discussed, and why everyone's viewpoint must be given equal weight. It's why the term "improved" was a bad move in the concours rules.

I put forth the idea simply as a talking point, since Kent and another person were having a discussion on rounding up local "stock" cars for the convention this year. Seems most people have "modified" their cars to at least some degree, and there was a question of originality. So I decided to toss the idea out and see what people's thoughts were. Thanks for making some good points.

I don't know if anyone responded to my mention recently about the Survivor Collector Car website;

http://www.survivorcollectorcar.com/

I recommend that everyone at least read their definitions and requirements, found under the "standards and process" toolbar button. It's very enlightening, as is the article "Restore it? Or Not" under the button of the same name. I have sent in my application to become one of their judges as a result, because I think it will help me do a better job for this group. I'd appreciate others thoughts on this as well.

-Mark