[SCG] [Corsabod] inspection marks and other things

fregal at comcast.net fregal at comcast.net
Thu Jun 9 13:41:56 EDT 2011

Gentlemen, I applaud your efforts.  The ultimate goal of every true restorer is to reproduce the car in an as delivered condition.  This includes correct bolts and nuts, inspection marks, parts tag or stickers, etc.  I personally would relish the opportunity to have this information available for use.  Weather we can document with 100% certainly is unknown.  Whether we would want to include it in concours judging at some point in the future is not for the Board to decide.  Having our suppliers reproduce bolts with correct head markings is doubtful.  My experience indicates this applies to the high dollar cars such as Vettes, GTO or to be more precise people willing to pay $3 for a bolt when an acceptable fastener can be found at the neighborhood hardware store for 10 cents.  Nevertheless the information has value.  I have included an attachment which consists of photos of paint marks found on a 1963 Corvair vin #30967W299002 during restoration last winter.   I thought this to be of importance in the future so I also loaned the parts to Mike McGowan and he took magazine quality photos.  Those can be used as you see fit including for use in a magazine article.  I would also be happy to attempt to answer any questions you might have concerning these parts, including reason for paint dab application.

Frank Regal

CORSA Treasurer