[SCG] [Corsabod] Annual Stock Corvair Event - needs to become a real event

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Jun 29 09:48:27 EDT 2015

<snipped for brevity>
> On Jun 26, 2015, at 10:23 AM, Bill Hubbell via Corsabod <corsabod at corvair.org> wrote:
>
> To pull this off, I would ask CORSA to support and promote the event in official convention planning and publications, and to begin recruiting members to commit to running the event for each convention.  The SCG will assist this process to the best of our ability.  However, this should become a CORSA event, not simply an SCG event.

Hi Bill,

I fully support the concept of the event as you've detailed.  However, at this point I see this as being an SCG event - you guys know what you want to do and how to do it.  And the fact is that we really don't know how it's going to work, even though this all sounds perfectly reasonable.  So, here is my suggestion:

- Have the time as you suggest, concurrent with the car display.
- Identify who from the SCG is planning to attend the convention and is available to execute whatever it is you plan to do (apologies for my ignorance).
- Identify a person in the general locale of the convention who can be the event chair and is willing to sit in on at least some of the planning meetings to represent the SCG.  You'll want to work out details like cost, signage, awards, etc.  All the usual stuff.

Once we get this established over a couple of conventions and work out any kinks, *then* we should formalize the event documentation into a CORSA policy, and I think it should always be tied to the SCG, just like the Concours is tied to the Concours Committee.

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
CORSA Eastern Div Director
 Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
 '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150