[V8Vairs] Front-mid-engine questions

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Mon Aug 8 13:22:15 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Dover" <gm at edenparkgroup.com>
Subject: RE: [V8Vairs] Front-mid-engine questions

> Bob, g-body frames (78-88 malibu, monte, cutlass, lemans, granprix, regal)
> makes for a real nice front engine vair. > Go front, use a frame.
> Jay Dover.
*************
I agree, Jay.
If I were to put together another ' trick" corvair, I would put in a frame
front and use a 4 cylinder hell for stout built, add a 30 psi boost turbo
and go have lots of fun.  I might enquire at a chassis builder ( sprint car
frame geniuses..... ) to get just what I want ... or at least their input as
to ideas ...

I have 2 v8vairs, crown system 350 sbc, and these are great, but keep
thinking about 600 lbs overweight ...  I would try to get the front 4
cylinder as far back and as low as possible for handling ... should be
great.  Something around 400 horses in a 2500 lb corvair would work for me
!!  I would estimate my current ones at about 270 ( rear wheel ) hp at 3000
lbs as they set.

reargards, ken campbell, iowa