[V8Vairs] Spark Plug...

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 21:03:44 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/21/2007 4:34:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rusecular at yahoo.com writes:

> I'm planning to change the spark plugs on my V8 vair. It has 327 engine
> with a
>  4 Barrel Edelbrock carburetor.
Tony,  you need to find out if the engine is one that is intact...from the
factory...and what HP / year model it is.....HP  ranged from 250-275 hp  for a
60's  327.   BIG difference in heat ranges!

If it's modified / heads/ compression, etc...then you need to drive the car a
few hundred miles and read the plugs.....then decide which number you
need....

NGK  is great for have 4-7 heat ranges in most plugs....you want greyish
white.....no lead in gas today to turn plugs tan, etc...  no blueish tint!! [ too
hot].

Matt

PS  Iridium plugs are for supercharged engines..super high pressures and or
longivity in industrial engines....