[V8Vairs] water cooled in the rear

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 12:41:59 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/3/2007 11:26:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
The13Bats at aol.com writes:

I want  that powerglide and I have to have rear engine,
lets take it the next step,  I'm here to learn, is there any engine v 6
preferred that will bolt  right to the auto vair tranny?
If not will a custom adapter be needed or  would Kennendy sell such an
adapter?
Seems the buick v6 is a  great engine but could be others , is there a list
of engine that  are built reverse rotation?
Besides cam and dizzy gears and a special  starter really what else do you
have to change?

Many  thanks
P.

Kennedy - at one time - sold such an adapter. The cast aluminum piece  bolted
to the Corvair diff and the Chevy or Buick block. For the PG torque
converter, Kennedy made a plate that looked just like the Corvair PG triangular
plate, but had the bolt pattern of the V6 crankshaft. The kit could use the
standard Corvair starter, since it was mounting on the Corvair Diff. Two  V6 engines
I know of have been reversed, the Chevy 4.3 and the Buick 3.8L -  not the
3800 Series II motor. And, of course the Buick/Olds/Pontiac  215" Aluminum V8.
For the Chevy 4.3 V6 (non-balance shaft) several things are  needed, special
single-gear drive for the cam, new specific reverse rotation cam  and special
front and rear crank seals. That's about it. Since the cam  is turning in it's
original direction, no special distributor drive gear is  needed. - Seth Emerson