[V8Vairs] any builders in orlando...engine tranny wanted for my project

The13Bats at aol.com The13Bats at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 17:54:41 EST 2007

Greetings,
I have been into Vettes, Kits and customs for over 30 years,
I sold my project Mako vette to get back into the grass roots kits, here is
my car,

_http://www.laser917.net/infusions/registry/registry_view_panel.php?A=121_
(http://www.laser917.net/infusions/registry/registry_view_panel.php?A=121)

In the past I daily drove VW kits and one VW based kit with a Buick V6 off
the VW tranny what a poor idea that is,

My car now is VW based but has a full frame, the front and rear suspension
just bolted in so I can change drive trains without too much hassles.

The design of this car would take a lot of modifications to run true mid
engine, even running FWD in the rear wont work as it too would require too much
cutting of the car and loosing 1/2 the cockpit behind the seats.

So the last way to get better power is rear engine but to make it more
complicated I want auto transmission and in Florida AC is a must.

I would dream of having 175-225 HP but could live with 150HP

I was looking at the stock Corvair Powerglide 65 and later drive train then
was told I Corvair engine isnt very street friendly after 150 HP

Then I see you can hang water cooled engines off the Corvair power glide in
the rear, this would be wonderful,
I find a marine reversed rotation v6 I feel a v8 is just too heavy in the
rear and that would do it,
I really dig the power curve of the Buick v6

But I still have interest to avoid water cooling to just use a well built
Corvair engine,

I am still making up my mind what is best for me and what I want.

So my questions,
Anyone running the PG auto tranny with a  water cooled engine hanging  off
the rear?
Any one in or near Orlando building cool Corvair stuff?

Many thanks
Cheers,
P.