[V8Vairs] Crown Springs

Paul Strohl paulstrohl at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:06:19 EDT 2007

Hello chris i am using a stock corvair single reservior brake master cylinder as a clutch master cylinder and i am using a HOWE hydraulic throw out bearing. the howe throw out bearing directions say to use a master cylinder with up to a 3/4 diameter. what is the size of the corvair single reservior brake master cylinder? is it bigger than 3/4 of an inch? my howe  throw out beraing just recently started to leak and i am wondering if the master cylinder is too big, can you advise me? thanks in advance paul also will you be attending the fan belt toss in palm springs end of october? paulstrohl at yahoo.com

Chris Wills <cjwills at msn.com> wrote:  Toby,

Are you sure that the Crown springs are stiffer?

I measured my Crown springs, and they are 0.510 also, but have more coils,
and calculate out a softer than stock. They just look beefier...

Chris Wills