[V8Vairs] Carburation

Jim Acker jim.acker at comcast.net
Thu Aug 21 17:16:07 EDT 2008

Is anyone running an Edelbrock Performer series carburator, or a GM
QuadraJet on a mildly tuned 350SBC?  In the case of the Edelbrock, I'm
curious what size carb you use, the jet and metering rod combinations you
run and what sort of gas mileage you get?  For the QuadraJet, which model do
you use, how did you set it up and what gas mileage do you get?

I'm considering a QuadraJet on the assumption that the small primaries
should provide a significant improvement in gas mileage over my Edelbrocks
(I am running a 600cfm and have run a 750cfm).  I have a mild cam, Edelbrock
Performer intake manifold and headers on an otherwise stock 350 SBC.  I
expected 20mpg and am getting well short of that, though it goes like stink!

Jim Acker