[V8Vairs] was there every a ring and pinion that did work?

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 15 22:43:25 EST 2008

The only way to correct the rotation of the gearbox is to use the
reverse cut r/p and Bob's pinion shaft.  Turning the engine backwards
isn't a big deal when as you rebuild it.  Otherwise you are stuck with
the gearbox turning backwards.

I think you could squirt oil at the r/p and bearings and maybe even
inside the transmission too, that would all help when running the
gears backward.

I don't see that you have any other choices unless I am missing
something.

Steve