[V8Vairs] Saginaw mid-engine mainshaft

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 10:05:54 EST 2008

..If anyone is looking for a way to adapt the Corvair trans to the Crown mid-plate and big-car input (clutch gear),I have one in-hand for my car...The guy that cut the shaft to allow a Torrington bearing to be used at the front end (between the input and main shaft) said he could do another for "about $100"..Using the Corvair mainshaft limits the torque handling capability,but should be a less-expensive option for someone planning to build a street-cruiser...contact me off-line,I'll have pics in a few days to fwd...thanks,Tom Z..//