[V8Vairs] Flywheel - Aluminum or Steel?

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Thu Feb 28 16:25:07 EST 2008

Here's my experience.
I installed an aluminum flywheel in my Crown car and had no issues with it.
You just have to rev it and slip the clutch a little to get it moving. What
I really liked was the accelleration! You can be just cruising along
sedately and then stick your foot in it and let it set you back in the seat.
I never got tired of that feeling. Also when you lift it will slow down a
lot quicker. It did great at the track events I entered, especially
accellerating off a corner. I had all of this in mind when I decided to go
with a light flywheel.
I'd do it again.

Rick Norris