[V8Vairs] Recent purchase of V8Vair

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 22:01:00 EDT 2008

Sorry;  I hit the send key prior to finishing the last e-mail.   The story
told at his funeral service was that Mikie had a long list of cars  before this
car.  Including Corvettes and Camaros;  but in the end he  really liked the
Corvair.  He felt it was a car you could modify (without  guilt/criticism you
would get from the Vette and Camaro crowd), it was unique  when entered in car
shows, and you could drive it like it was meant to be  driven.

When Mikie bought the car, I understand it was peptobismal purple or  pink.
That color had to go.  He originally painted it yellow with  white stripes,
then decided it would look better with black stripes, so re-did  it.  He had a
friend who was a paint wholesaler for one of the major  brands, and who would
end up shooting the car.

Mikie told the story years ago (30 years or so?) about building another V8
Corvair (Big Block ..... said the engine was so big the car was falling
apart).  So he put a lot of thought into building this one.

I am glad the car is with a Corvair enthusiast now;  I wasn't  convinced the
last owner was big into the car.  I sure hope you enjoy  it.  No doubt Steve
will have more information for you.

Gary