[V8Vairs] Will 17 X 9.5J wheels fit on the front of a street V8Vair?

Jim Briggs jim_a_b3 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:13:20 EDT 2008

In theory, you could get 17X9.5 wheels to work IF the back spacing was just right AND your tire diameter was small enough. I'm currently running 17X7.5 BMW chrome wheels on my Corsa with 215/40/17 tires. with the standard, minor "massaging" of the lower front wheel well edge I am having no problems at all. If these are Vette wheels you are considering there are many spacer combinations available to try. My ball park starting point would be to try a backspacing of 5.5 inches. We already know the IROC 16's fronts with the 4inch backspacings don't fit and the rears with the deeper backspacings do. So 5.5 would be a reasonable start point.
Jim Briggs
Rear engine Olds 66 Corsa