[V8Vairs] Optimal Ratio for a Crown Conversion?

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 07:00:03 EDT 2009

It depends on how the 283 is built. If the engine is built for torque then a 3.08 would work. I'm not sure how the engine was built but the comprimise would be a 3.27 and probably the best all around gear for you.

Unless someone wants to part with a 3.08 it might be sort of hard to come by.

Keep in mind everyone that this is an aluminum block 283 that was recently rebuilt.

Ken Hand 248-613-8586

www.corvairmechanic.com