[V8Vairs] mid engine conversion, Suburu/Ford

Thomas, Robert R Civ USAF AFMC 76 PMXG/OBPE Robert.Thomas at tinker.af.mil
Mon Dec 20 11:36:43 EST 2010

Crown parts are still available. I bought a Crown transmission a while ago. Check craigslist often. People here selling parts all the time.

I think Gary Hoffman has the solution to convert a big car Saginaw to the Crown configuration for not much money (relatively speaking). There are adapters that allow a small block Ford to bolt to a Chevy bell housing from several sources.

I'm guessing a WRX transaxle would be costly. The others probably wouldn't last behind a V-8 with decent grunt. You'd be fabricating all the conversion parts, too.

Bob Thomas 68 Monza being Crowned