[V8Vairs] Longest Trip - Farthest From Home?

Chris Wills cjwills at msn.com
Mon Nov 29 12:07:08 EST 2010

i drove mine from North Carolina to Chicago, then west to San Francisco...

The only problem was the points in the distributor got dirty and wouldn't fire my electronic ignition.  I disconnected the electronic box to run just points, but did not have a ballast resistor, and it was starting to snow (out in Colorado somewhere) so I disconnected one of my backup lights with socket, and wired it in to drop the voltage.  Worked well - had to jumper it out to start the engine, though... averaged 17 mpg with an LT1 350/370 HP

Chris Wills