[V8Vairs] <VV> 4.56:1 Corvair Diff?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Sep 26 17:10:50 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/26/2010 12:26:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
paulsiano at yahoo.com writes:

Do 4.56  ring and pinions exist for Corvairs?

I'm all  ears.

Paul

My thoughts, Paul - The 4.11 to 1 gearset was the highest ratio  gearset
ever built for the Corvair. It also had the thinnest ring gear teeth. If  you
did have one of those, you would have shredded it long ago. My money is on
the 3.55 and, perhaps, too short a tire for the HP to weight ratio. I would
suggest to go no lower than a 3.27 - and there are tons of those around.
Then juggle your rear tire size to get the speeds you want.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA