[V8Vairs] mid engine conversion

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 11:31:52 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/3/2011 5:21:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tbarrie at meritprecision.com writes:

Couple  of questions for those that might know.
I see that it is designed for the  LS1 block. Is it possible to use an
adapter to a generation 1 block?
Secondly, in the picture of him holding it beside the car is it upside
down?
The in car picture has the half shafts quite high making for a low  oil pan.
Tim

Tim - There are probably adapters available for connection to a  regular
small block. I am not sure what the differences are. Perhaps an adapter  for
an LS1 T56 trans from a Camaro might be around. There are clutch issues
(Push/pull) to work out as well.

The Porsche G50 trans, when used mid-engined in this car is also  installed
upside down. I remember hearing that one of their goals for this new
transaxle was to make it an easy sway into the existing GTM and offer their
current kit so that either transaxle would work.

Seth Emerson