[V8Vairs] mid engine conversion

Corsa 66corsa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:05:44 EST 2011

The target was for street V8 use, and to directly accommodate an LS engine.
All pictures that I've seen however are 'belly up' (inverted) mid engine
which would place the oil pan low.....just what the kit cars want.  However
I think I remember reading something about a modular bell housing which
would suggest that perhaps it could be flipped to allow a rear engine
application.  But unless the ring gear can also be flipped I don't see it
working right side up for mid engine.
For years I was keeping track of the SDR and nothing came of it.  Early
price projections were around $12,500, so I finally purchased a Porsche 930
for my 'Vair which I will run inverted.

The last time I checked, Mendeola had dropped all mention of the SDR from
their website, so it looks like FF has exclusive rights. I guess we need to
go to them to ask the question "can I run it non-inverted midship?".