[V8Vairs] Inverted transaxle?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 20:57:18 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/3/2011 5:06:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
66corsa at gmail.com writes:

The  photo in the running gear section of the Factory Five site shows a  G50
transaxle, which has to be run in an inverted position due to the fact  that
the original configuration in the Porsche was rear engine.  My
understanding
of the target for the SDR  transaxle was that it was  designed for
mid-engine
V8 from the get go.  As such, the ring and  pinion are designed accordingly
and would not require you to install it in  an inverted position like the
G50.

My understanding on the new transaxle is that it has to be a close  bolt in
for their GTM car, now running the inverted Porsche G50. And their
assembly kit has to work with either transaxle with very little or  no changes. I
would bet that it has to run inverted in the GTM, but is  designed to run in
that position.  I could be wrong.

-Seth Emerson