[V8Vairs] Billet Shifter for a Crown?

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 14 06:25:25 EST 2011

Dear Snowbirds!
Hope the warm weather feels good. I shoveled the driveway two days in a row!
I'm gettin too old for this crap!
Yes, I did use the quick shift kit. I spent a fair amount of time fooling
with all the shifter components to make it work well. Reverse was always a
little stiff but attainable.
I use Clarks brass bushing kit and spent time adjusting and honing it. In
fact, I use that kit on every stick shift Corvair I've ever had including my
race car.
On the V8 car I didn't use any plastic spacers under the lever. It was
bolted solid. Also had poly motor mounts and transmission mounts so there
was little movement.
You gonna make the PCG Workshop meet??

Rick