[V8Vairs] C5 previous failures

Paul Beck pbeck001 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 22:36:11 EDT 2014

Seth & all,
The half shafts that failed were a mix of inner C5 cv’s and outer TH400 slip yokes (machined to fit the C5 shafts) welded. The problem was that I only had one lower lateral adjustment link. That made the axle the center of the pivot and would not let the axle float. Put too (TOO ) much end load on not only the universal ( 1 failure ) but on the inner cv as well (2 failures). I think the new setup that allows the axle to basically float will be substantially better.
I had the entire unit out of the car to repair a transmission fluid leak at the adapter. I pinched an o-ring when I reassembled it after a differential upgrade. Thanks to Mark Irons for supplying new o-rings. His adapter is great.
Back in the car waiting to get the torque arms bolted back up and the brakes bled. Hopefully by this weekend.

Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
Corsa
V8Registry