<VV> Re: Brake Problem

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:08:37 -0500

> Subject: <VV> Brake questions
>  Finally getting to the rear brakes on my 63 Vert.  Pulled the drum,
> no self adjusters. So, how can I tell if I have earlier brakes or some
> PO pulled the adjusters?  The shoes are different, I believe, on the
> 63-64s.  How do I tell what I have?  I HATE hybrids.
 Jim Corey
Smitty says:  63 and 64 both have adjusters.  There is no real difference
between 64 shoes and 60 shoes except the hole for the self adjuster mount
does not exist on the early shoes.  The early early shoes also have a
rather insignificant difference in that the area where the shoe contacts
the anchor pin has additional material added to it.  I have drilled early
early shoes for my 64s and put 64 shoes on an early early.