<VV> Electric Pumps vs Turn Cut-Out

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:47:17 EST

 pottsf@msn.com writes:
>      I'm interested in knowing whether an electric pump might be a cure for
> the turn cut-out. As I learn more about the cut-out problem, I can see where
> an electric pump (unaffected by engine rpms) might at least help, if not
> cure, the problem, possibly along with sealing of the vents, which would
> have the added advantage, I suppose, of reducing evaporation (odors, loss,
> safety, etc.).

Joe,  the  "turn cut-out"  is exactly that....cut out....cut off...of
fuel....because the fuel in the bowl moves sideways and and UNCOVERS the JET.....

The easiest way to remedy this is to RAISE the float level.....but then a car
that is set up like this, will push fuel out the vent in a LONG  hard corner
and cause the engne to FLOOD / run rich / sputter / etc..  That's the reason
for the "extended bowl vents"

The "real"  fix for this is to do one of 2 things...

A   Re-locate the jets in the bowl [ Steve Goodman / Seth Emerson  are 2 that
do / used to do this].

B   Use the OTTO  carb rotator kit....[ your favorite vendor].

Matt N.

ps   I always just raise the float level 1/8"   works for the street...