<VV> Electric Pumps vs Turn Cut-Out

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:40:31 -0400

When I changed over to an electric pump, it made no difference in the
turn cut out problem. If you re-read the previous posts as to what
actually causes the turn cut out, you'll understand that it has nothing
to do with fuel pressure and can't be solved with an electric pump.

Bruce

On Apr 3, 2004, at 10:31 AM, N. Joseph Potts wrote:

> Has anyone out there with experience of electric fuel pumps ALSO
> experienced
> the turn cut-out I've been on about for the last few posts?
>      I'm interested in knowing whether an electric pump might be a
> cure for
> the turn cut-out. As I learn more about the cut-out problem, I can see
> where
> an electric pump (unaffected by engine rpms) might at least help, if
> not
> cure, the problem, possibly along with sealing of the vents, which
> would
> have the added advantage, I suppose, of reducing evaporation (odors,
> loss,
> safety, etc.).
>
> Joe Potts
> Miami, Florida USA
> 1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C and vent extensions on one
> carb, so
> far

Bruce W, Schug
CORSA South Carolina