<VV> Engine Problem....What to do? (long, please bear with me)

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:14:02 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/2004 11:44:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca writes:
Before you pull the engine, put #4 at TDC on the firing stroke (or loosen
both rockers) and blow air into the spark plug hole while listening at the
carb, exhaust, or oil filler. This will further narrow down the problem. If
it's out the exhaust, it may well be carbon. If it's out the intake, it's a
valveseat, most likely. If it's out the oil filler, it's a bad piston or
broken ring(s).

    Yes, I agree but also listen to another cylinder so you get something to
compare to.
    Ken Hand