<VV> 65 Turbo Still Misfiring

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:10:13 -0400

Guess time...  Some thoughts...  Coil, even though replaced??  I ALWAYS
suspect coils...  40 miles of heat build up is enough to show up a bad
coil...  I carry a spare and I have 3 dead ones to back up my
paranoia...Maybe fuel starved, choke fully open after 40 miles???  Bad
connection in ignition?  Add a temporary jumper cable to the coil to
rule out..

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Michael Cassera
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 2:17 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 65 Turbo Still Misfiring

SO I thought I had my 65 turbo misfiring problems taken care of, but
apparently, the problem is deeper than a faulty plug.  After replacing
the plugs on the car, it ran great for about 40 miles or so and then it
started to misfire again.  It mostly misfires at the higher rpms (higher
then 2500) especially  when boosting, but as I drive it more, its gets
worse.

I haven't pulled any plugs yet to take a look at them, but the last
plugs I pulled, the electrodes were fairly black.

Any ideas what's going on here?  The coil is new, the wires are new, I
just intalled an igniter electronic ignition, the distibuter cap is new.
About the only thing I haven't replaced electrically is the rotor.

Thanks,

Michael

65 Corsa Turbo