<VV> Re: pulled stud(bad week)

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:28:43 EDT

well i just did 3 upper studs that failed on assembly.  this block had been 
really beat on i guess.  anyhow i ended up taking the head and 2 cylinders off 
to put in helicoils.  taint no easy way around it that will work for sure. its 
almost ready to run now. i should have done them all before i put it 
together. i used a vacum cleaner while drilling and tapping to keep chips out of 
engine. used a small magnet to get the stop end of the insert out after carefully 
braking it with a small screwdriver. now they all look fine!
regards tim colson