<VV> Unsigned Communique Letter

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:45:15 -0700

Too bad we cannot change the CORSA bylaws to disallow idiots from joining :-)

At 01:48 PM 8/2/2004, Hank Kaczmarek wrote:
>Greetings all.
>
>I agree fully with a wise friend of mine who told me in his opinion, as a
>group V V spent too much bandwidth on the member who wrote the ridiculous
>letter in the Communique. This post is NOT intended to stir it up again.
>
>For the benefit of all who wondered.......
>
>I have it on excellent authority that in past years there have been unsigned
>letters printed in readers forum.  I supposed in the long history of the
>magazine, this might have been the case.
>
>Also, that in this particular case, the name of the author was verified to be
>a CORSA member.
>
>Even more interesting,
>
>There is a clause in the magazines editorial policy that says that the Board
>must approve any controversial letters before they are published. Because this
>letter was merely unsigned, the BoD was not contacted for approval. Makes
>sense to me...The letter was controversial only in our opinions, that being
>that the writer couldn't buy a clue to reality with a 100.00 dollar bill.
>
>If someone....say, a Director---would have come on and quoted the policy, the
>thread would have ended cold before it even got heated up.  I guess that was
>too much to ask.....
>
>What bothers me is that no Director  came on while Chuck, myself, and half a
>dozen others fumed about this letter. Not even to say that Harry or Mike might
>respond when time allowed.
>
>      Guess I wouldn't have fit in well with the Board....Perhaps the members
>did me a favor.
>One thing they all seem to agree on---even the new ones, is "keep quiet and
>perhaps it will go away".  In this case,  there wasn't anything for them to
>decide on, merely quote the editorial policy clause and we would all have
>moved on. Was it not necessary??  It was for me to find out.
>
>But if you want to talk about how many LHT fasteners a particular model had,
>THEN you can get some Directors to respond....
>
>Sorry Directors,  but the job is more than a title, and I feel a bit let down
>by you--especially the ones who read this forum every day.
>

>Politics---uh huh...........
>
>Hank

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html