<VV> Re: Oil Filters - an interesting thing......

John Beck jb30343@navix.net
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:13:58 -0500

About five years ago I worked on a promotional video for
Hastings/Baldwin. That may have been before Clarcor.  At the time, they
were making filters under the Hastings and Baldwin names and also house
brand filters for many parts vendors.  There were even some NAPA Gold
filters coming off their lines.  Prior to that, I thought Wix made all
the NAPA Golds.  I looked, but I did not see any changes to the
production lines when they switched from one brand to another.  There
could have been changes that I was just to dense to notice.  I suspect
that oil filters are more of a generic commodity item than many of us
would suspect.  --J.B.