<VV> Re: Shhhhh! 60 questions

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:35:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/2004 2:07:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> What does the correct '60 oil filler cap say on it?
> Anything?
> The current battery hold down is a bungee cord..I
> don't think it's factory. Is the original similar to
> the '65 style with threaded rods and a rubber coated
> wire "top"?

Mike,
  Most of the '60's I've seen have a simple round oil cap without ears...and
without "OIL" embossed on them.  The battery hold down is as you discribe.  A
good view of it is on page 2-9 of the '60 maintenance manual.  Inboard
attachment is by threaded rod whereas the outboard is held by a bolt into the welded
nut bracket.

Bruce Webster
'60 500 Sedan
'61 700 Coupe