<VV> please help me get my 64 running

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:33:21 EDT

John,

>From your description it sounds to me like the main jets in the carbs are
probably clogged
up.

They aren't too hard to access to clean.

Remove the carb tops and they are in the bottom of the float bowl.

Refer to a manual for exact location.

Remove with the proper size screw driver and clean out the itty bitty hole in
the jet. Best if
you can blow it out with compressed air.

I've seen this happen in loads of Corvairs. Particularly if they have sat for
a long time.

Can't hurt. Give it a shot.

Good luck
Tim Abney

Proud Member of
United Steelworkers of America, Local 7600
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow
Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN - 1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C. President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting restoration

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of steelworkers%20logo.jpg]