<VV> Re: <VV>Mag caps

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:41:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/2004 7:15:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
airvair@richnet.net writes:

I still  maintain that there is something screwy about the pricing, as
the price  difference of the 13 inchers actually goes against the rules
of "supply and  demand." According to "supply and demand" it's the 14's
that are actually  priced correctly, while the 13" mags are artificially
inflated. At least  that's the way I see it.

The Mag wheel covers share something with the late (64-up) wire covers. The
13" versions and the 14" versions are so close in appearance that they can be
interchanged on a car. Shared, really. On a couple of Corvairs I drove in the
 70's, I installed 13 x 7 wheels on the front and 14 x 7 wheels on the back -
to  better balance tire loads. I used the 14" Wire caps on the back wheels
and 13"  caps on the front. Only the "calibrated eyeball" types can tell the
difference. - Seth Emerson