<VV> Frustrating problem

Terry Kalp tkalp@cox.net
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:48:54 -0500

Group,

I need your help and advice trying to solve a fellow Corvair owner's problem.
He has a '66 Corvair Monza 140 hp PG convertible.  It starts and runs fine for
about 15 minutes then it won't run well under 25 mph, it will idle fine, but
not in gear . . . put it in gear and it dies.

What has been done so far:

A new coil has been installed.

It has a Pertonics I . . . we tried changing back to points, but it didn't
help

Adjusted and checked the sync on the carbs, check out fine.

Secondary carbs are not leaking air or gas.

Timing set and distributor is the correct 339 for the car.

Vacuum Advance is working.

Chokes are working.

Gas cap is vented.

Suggestions?