<VV> HOPE(not very corvair, but...)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:11:21 -0700

At 12:03 hours 08/19/2004 -0400, Bill Elliott wrote:
>>Where can I buy a roadworthy early 1960s 2CV cheap?    Or *is* there such a
>>thing as a cheap 2CV anywhere?
>

>These things are bringing  really big money now... especially with the
later model 600cc models which can keep up with modern traffic and even
>venture onto Interstates. It's a strange situation when 2CV's are bringing
Traction Avant money and even exceeding the DS's. Heck, I see cheap
>SM's (sports GT with the Maserati engine) cheaper than all but project
2CVs now!

I figgered as much...

ANY car as cool and nifty and as obscure as a 2CV is gonna be in demand
sufficiently enough to raise its price out of my range (which is easy since
I'm not a wealthy guy) although perhaps a project might come along
sometime... so I keep an eye out.

A German buddy and I did some door handle scraping around corners in an old
2CV in Schweinfurt, great fun, easy to drive (once you got it started),
gotta love that gear shift.

"Iron Snail"

>>>If the world run like Corvair's people, what a happiness.
>>>thanks for your comforting post
>
>I agree. Despite numerous disagreements, Corvair people are the
friendliest and most helpful family of any of the car people I've dealt with!

Same here.   This is a good bunch of people.

>>Now, if only I could get *MY* 1960 Corvair running again soon...
>

>Even without the HUGE favor Tony recently did for me... I'd make the offer
for him to contact me to discuss a '60 project car I have in my driveway...

Hey...  no big favor, I was glad to do it, hoped you would make something
of it and glad to see it worked out nicely to boot!   And I wanna get a
look at it when you finish it up... ;)

tony..