<VV> Gas lines and u-joints for the Resurrection

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:12:00 -0400

The vendors' pre-bent lines have dozens of precise bends in them that you'd
be hard-put to duplicate by hand (I know; I've tried, and succeeded). Their
exactly right length is another thing hard to duplicate, flare tools or no.
And the flares, themselves, too. I would go with the pre-bent products EVERY
time to both reduce work AND improve results.
     Stay with the standard-duty u-joints. If they have grease fittings,
place the joint so that the grease fitting is AHEAD of the driving yoke and
BEHIND the driven yoke in forward motion so that the fitting hole is
squeezed, not stretched.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Stephen Upham
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 2:43 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Gas lines and u-joints for the Resurrection

Sorry, there IS a price difference.  The HD Performance quality
u-joints cost $15.95.  I would still value your learned opinions.  I
prefer better quality to lesser especially with this little price
difference.  I would hope to benefit with longer replacement time and
improved stress resistance.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K  (being
overhauled to .030 over and would love to get its HP and Torque tested
on a dynamo after the rebuild)     & . . .