<VV> Out of group Red ? - but for how long.

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:26:04 -0400

Your brake pedal is supposed to have a rather light pedal-pullback spring on
it. This spring may be missing, or have disconnected at one end. If attached
(a rubber band would do temporarily), you will be able to let go the pedal
and go inside and have dinner.
     I think the brake lights burn whether the ignition is switched on or
not, so if your brake lights are still on, disconnect them one way or
another (or install the rubber band).

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Dave Hammelef
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 7:49 PM
To: vv
Subject: <VV> Out of group Red ? - but for how long.

The carb rebuild, that lead to all new brakes, that
lead to removing a dead electric fuel pump and
converting back to manual is done. Took kids and car
for a drive - had a Whine out of the back = oh that
was the kids.

Seariously, the brakes stopped straight, but seemed to
not stop as fast (may need to be bleed again). But
when I got home and parked I noticed that the brake
lights where still on, I could lift the brake pedale
quite a bit (over an 1" maybe  2" and the lights would
go out) so whats up?

Dave
64' vert (on all 4 wheels for now)