<VV> Upper Shroud Oil Leak

Sam & Marissa Andolino mandolin@rochester.rr.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:04:03 -0400

We have a problem with our '63 Convertible with a '66 110 engine.  The upper
shroud is leaking oil.

Background:
We were a mile away from our house when the fuel pump started to leak.  We
drove the car home at about 15 mph.  After changing the fuel pump and
starting the engine, we noticed the oil leak leaking out from under the top
shroud.  Under further inspection, we noticed that the air filter was
covered with oil and the air cleaner had oil inside.

There is no oil residue in the tailpipe nor noticeable blue smoke.  What
could be the problem?  Could it be a scorched piston, bad rings?

We plan on taking the shroud off and examining where the leak is coming
from, but we need to finish adjusting the lifters on the turbo and get it
out of the garage.

Thanks,
Sam & Marissa Andolino
mandolin@rochester.rr.com