<VV> Gas Tank Removal

Mike Mike <themoose@mindspring.com>
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:58:08 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Although I have thanked all the fine folks for the information provided regarding the removal of a LM gas tank, I just wanted to give an update.

The tank is out.  The tank was cleaned (on the outside) of all manner of grease, grime, dirt, and general nastiness. The tank was then painted with POR15 Grey.  Wow.  What a nice product - like painting with porcelain.  I have ordered new gas tank installation pieces from a Northeastern vendor.

Once I get the old suspension out, the new (rebuilt) suspension ready, I am cleaning out the empty space left in the car (where the tank was), painting that with POR15, spraying in a noise reducer on the front wall, and replacing the gas tank.  Hopefully, all four wheels will be on the ground soon.

Thanks again for all your help VV.

Mike
Moose