<VV> Seats

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:22:53 -0400

Comments in text:

Stephen Upham wrote:

> All I'm trying to say is that a modification that includes, say, a
> shoulder strap has a possibility of working.  A seat with no shoulder
> strap has no possibility of keeping you from messing up ones face.  The
> seat will be but in the same location and bolted down as well as or
> better than the original.

It would have to be much better, due to the laws of physics and its
attachment at a place the stock seat designer never envisioned.

  Will it perform worse, as well as, or better
> than the original; only a crash will tell.  I'll take my chances with
> the mods, thankyou.

Without a test, you will only be guessing. Educated guess, maybe, but
still a guess. And you don't want to BE the proof.

> Stephen Upham
> Dallas, Texas
>
> Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
> original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K  (being
> overhauled to .030 over and would love to get its HP and Torque tested
> on a dynamo after the rebuild)     & . . .

See, even you admit to the need to test.... (G)

-Mark