<VV> Seats

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:17:25 -0700

Amen!

At 06:41 PM 8/24/2004, Bill Hubbell wrote:
>Whatever you say, Mr. Keper (I figure if you can drop an "l" from my name,
>I can do the same to yours).  Buckle yourself into that three point
>harness and feel safer knowing that the Bozo next to you talking on his
>cell phone can't possibly penetrate your side-impact air bags.
>
>As for me, I will enjoy my old cars as they were made, and I will drive my
>new cars just as defensively as I do the older ones.  Human beings weren't
>made to go 60mph, and we certainly don't fare very well when we go 60 to
>zero in half a second, and no amount of air bags, dual master cylinders,
>three point restraints, etc. is going to change that.  Yes, you can always
>add things that improve the survivability of a crash, but you can never
>guarantee it, and the idiot drivers out there never seem to realize the
>latter point, so there will always be fatal accidents as long as there are
>idiot drivers.
>
>People following too close for conditions/Driving while
>(Intoxicated/Sleepy/Talking on Phone/Eating/Etc), Driving too fast for
>conditions/Speeding/Hot Rodding/Etc.
>
>Fact is, there are more drivers on the road now, which also means more
>stupid drivers.  Also, Driver's training is less intense then it used to
>be. Your chances of being in an accident are much higher today than they
>were 40 years ago.
>
>You take a risk every time you get into a car - old or new.  Ralph would
>have you believe that is unacceptable, and if anything happens to you it
>must be someone else's fault.  I think otherwise.
>
>Enjoy your 'safety net'.
>
>Bill Hubbell
>

>----- Original Message ----- From: "John Kepler"
><bigjohnohio@worldnet.att.net>

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html