<VV> Corvairs at BeaveRun- Sunday RR Schedule

Joe Robbins robbins@monticello.net
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:30:32 -0500

Folks,

The Racers Reunions are one of the best kept "secrets" in the Corvair world.
At these events you will see people bending over backwards to help others.
It is not a "race" it is open for any and all cars to have a good time.
There are all types of cars and not just race only cars. If you go to one
you will go to others, you don't have to have a Corvair at the track to have
a good time. Watching the cars on the track during hot laps is like stepping
back in time, it is so cool, that I can't put words to it. I have been to
several of them but this time I can't make it due to work obligations. The
way to have the most fun as a spectator is to help in the pit area, helping
change tires, checking air pressure, putting fuel in, big or small any task
that the pit crews do helps the car owner in many ways. How do you get
involved ? Just walk up to the pits and say " do you need any help " ?
That's what I did , try it you will like it. If you can't make it to the
Convention in any given year, try to make the Racers Reunion, it is a
Corvair fix that will last you for a long time. If you can make both, that's
a good year in the Corvair hobby. My hat is off to the hard work that is put
into these events. Thanks to all the participants and organizers.

Joe Robbins
CORSA Central Division Director