<VV> Social event at BeaveRun- Sunday& Monday

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:38:45 -0400

Y'all don't know what you are missing if you don't come by and shoot the
bull with us.

DIDYA KNOW?

Ray Clayton of RaysDyno will be there and talk to anyone about his 3.1 Liter
Corvair carbureted engine on gasoline that does 380hp on the engine dyno.

Donna Mae Mims will be there in Pink, of course!  Coming up Saturday and
Sunday-although she may have to work part of the time at the track-she is a
"Grid Lady".  (Person staging cars, letting them out of pits, checking
safety equipment..)  She can tell and loves to tell stories about Don Yenko,
racing, about racing legends she knew and raced with, famous races she
participated in, the Cannon Ball Baker run she was in, and on and on.  Did
you know that Don Yenko was on the ground and taxiing when he died in the
airplane crash?  Do you know who designed the Stinger emblem?  Delightful
and informative.

Gary Funkhouser, Ken Hand, Warren LeVeque, and Seth Emerson and many lesser
mortals will be there to discuss speed and handling secrets of Corvairs.

Jim Schardt will be there in the evening and on Monday.  He is teaching a
PCA (Porsche Club of America school at BeaveRun that weekend).

Norm Latullippe, a very fast and experienced NE driver will be there with
his Corvair with exceptional head work, producing eight gazillion
horsepower...(I may have exaggerated a bit there.... ;>))

Warren Dernoshek, Don Yenko's mechanic, will be there with his son who
drives a Hooter's Pro Cup car. His son will drive Warren's original as
prepared, unrestored he says, Yenko Stinger, he bought from Don Yenko for
$150.

And did I almost forget? Spike will be there driven by our own Smitty, with
the Smitty-engineered wastegate and Briggs and Stratton starting system.  If
you haven't seen it, you gotta come.

And the rest of the Geezers, BBRT, WTBRT, and other malcontents who have fun
but have little clue how to go around the track.

See you all there.

Chuck S