<VV> traitors?

Marc Marcoulides Marc Marcoulides <hharpo@earthlink.net>
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:40:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hank, you work in the parts business, refresh my memory... The piece from early corvettes used by those with a 180 turbo to filter the fuel when not using a return line to tank. I don't remember any corvette parts suppliers complaining that it was wrongful use of the part.

-----Original Message-----
From: kaczmarek@charter.net
Sent: Aug 30, 2004 9:15 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> traitors?

Mark et.al

     While I understand Mark's feelings in the matter he describes, such a thing would only happen in a perfect world. For those of you who don't know Mark well, the perfect world is a goal he strives for, but cannot be convinced (at least by me) that it doesn't exist.

 My own personal opinion of the Corvette folks is a rule with exceptions. As expressed by a SGT major I once knew, "anyone who judges by the group is a pea wit". I don't know where he got it from, but it shows some sense.

That being said, My general rule from dealing with Corvette folks in the past is, the difference between a corvette and a porcupine is that the porcupine has all its pricks on the outside. Starting out with "if you don't own a corvette you aren't worth talking to".

This alone is enough to keep me from selling stuff to Corvette folks.

But out here in the real world, where real people live, and in a capitalist economy, whatever the traffic will bear is the rule. How you use what you buy is your own business.

Saving the possibility that the person may be modifying his Corvette to overthrow the government, or murder someone with it, I can't see a reason not to sell something that someone else wants bad enough to pay for it.

If we cannot get all the members of CORSA chapters to become members of the sponsoring organization, how in blazes could we EVER sanction someone for selling something they own to another, regardless of the purpose involved?

IFO would like to see folks who care enough about Corvairs to belong to our club have the good sense not to sell something as rare as LM tele columns to corvette folks.

Sure can't change it if they do though......

Just my .02

HANK