<VV> Turbo help update

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:00:05 -0400

Hi Sam.

I didn't see a response to your post.  I doubt it's oil.  Are all the
plugs similar? Smell gas on them?  My bet is that the plugs are either
too cold or, more likely, you're running too rich.  Those "backfires"
might be due to raw fuel igniting after the plug(s) foul and fail to
fire.
	Rich conditions are generally due to either a popped carb
diaphragm (will allow the fuel to travel up the vac port) or too much
fuel pressure at the wimpy Carter float valve.  First see if the return
line is clear.  Then the float valve and diaphragm...

JED
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Sam & Marissa
Andolino
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 5:36 AM
To: Virtualvairs
Subject: <VV> Turbo help update

Hi everyone
The engine has a new coil and Bosch super plugs.  I took out the plugs
and
they were very black,  maybe from the 20 min. startup.  The plugs were
cleaned and put back in.  The car was driven about 2 miles and still
hesitates but does not buck.  The plugs were removed and I found that
they
getting black again.  Could the reason for this is that the rings have
not
set and that some oil is getting past the rings?

Thanks in advance for any help
Sam & Marissa Andolino
mandolin@rochester.rr.com
1963 Red Monza Convertible