<VV> Creeper crap

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:59:21 -0500

Tony,

	Especially in those huge 4" x 6" sheets-corrugated, huh?  Sure you
are using it for drop "cloths" and not "napkins" or ?  WTBRT uses it along
with crayon for their "correspondence"....such as it is...

Heh, heh...

:>)

Chuck S
BBRT

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Underwood [mailto:tonyu@roava.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 5:46 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: RE: <VV> Creeper crap

At 10:50 hours 12/02/2004 -0500, goofyroo@excite.com wrote:
>A big sheet of cardboard:
>
>1) doesn't compromise your workspace height
>
>2) is cheap, or free
>
>3) never snags on anything
>
>4) allows you to slide around on it, if it's big enough
>
>5) is disposable once it gets too dirty or oily
>
>6) can be driven over before or after the job
>
>7) doesn't care if you put the jack or jack-stand on it.
>
>Michael Smith
>Dallas

I keep a supply of cardboard, corrugated, 4"x6" scavenged from boxes at
work.    Nothing better to throw under the car and slide around on, and it
can be tossed into gravel or grass and you stay undamaged and dry.   You
can also pluck it back out and reuse it again and again, and you won't lose
any small screws dropped out of the engine onto the cardboard, nor will
your back and shoulders get ground-in crud embedded into them.  The
cardboard can even allow a jack to be rolled around under the car to
support stuff like a transaxle or rear engine mount etc without the jack
hanging up in dirt or rough concrete or gravel.   But if it gets soaked in
gear lube or motor oil, you can throw it out... or tear it into strips and
stuff it into the fireplace.   Cost:   Diddly.

Cardboard is required reading in the Underwood Book of Jacklegism.

Yes, I also own a creeper.   But the cardboard is handy.

tony..