<VV> Finds we've found - And found us!

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:39:56 EST

In a message dated 12/4/2004 8:48:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
chevyd51@yahoo.com writes:

While  cleaning out my new 65 Coupe...I found some fun  things.

Doug Hargrove and Steve Lovejoy ran Doug's prepared class autocross car.  The
car lived on the tailer next to Doug's house in Modesto, CA. while not
racing. One fine autocross day, the trailer was hitched up and towed to the
Pleasanton, CA, fairgrounds parking lot, our autocross site of choice in the  70's.
Just before the first run at around noon, they thought they should check  the
amount of fuel in the tank. No gauge, a stick was to be used. Upon opening
the trunk, a really pissed off rattle snake first hissed at them, then left  via
the mostly cut away trunk, making a break for it. Not sure what happened to
the snake, but it likely didn't survive it's encounter - but you should have
seen the autocrossers scatter. That's the story! -  Seth